As part of building out our team, we are looking for a backend software engineer to help scale up Mender.io. Mender.io recently got awarded more than EUR 2 million from EU to help secure the world’s connected devices, and the product, based on open source, has in a short period of time become a standard for over-the-air (OTA) updates of IoT and connected devices.
Are you self-driven and smart? Do you have ambitions to make a difference? We seek a product life-cycle (designing, implementing, documenting, testing, maintaining and supporting) developer.
- Research new opportunities and challenges at higher level
- Plan and estimate time for new features
- Develop, test and document new features
- Be responsible for quality and maintenance of your software (you write it, you own it)
- Deliver user friendly and best in class documentation
- Troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Work closely with Product Owner and other engineers to ensure product
Desired skills and experience
- Msc. in Engineering, Information Technology, or similar
- Minimum 3 years of professional Linux programming experience
- Previously architected and decided on tooling for back-end scalable web applications
- Back-end web programming experience at scale (git, RESTful APIs, HTTP)
- Golang experience, or willingness and ability to learn Golang
- Python and test frameworks such as pytest
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience with developing hosted or cloud product
- Experience working in distributed agile teams is a plus
- Security and quality minded
How do you know if this is the right job for you?
You want to be part of something new, cool and meaningful. You want to make a material difference. You are open-minded and embrace change as a good thing. You possess the “entrepreneurial” DNA. You believe you will thrive in our working culture, and want to be part of an international and innovative team.
We look forward to hearing from you.