Class A Surfacer Job Description:
The Class A Surfacer is the "digital sculptor" in the automotive industry. The Class A Surfacer will modell established automotive designs that has been approved by the organization and lead the company's technological development.
Class A Surfacer Job Responsibilities:
- Create Class A surface 3D data from a concept stage design.
- Delivering a high quality Class A surface with speed and efficiency.
- Enhance and optimize surfaces.
- Identify, analyze and resolve potential issues with creative solutions and design proposals.
Class A Surfacer Education and Experience:
- BS in related field.
- 1-5 years experience in related field. (Experience in the automotive industry is preferred.)
- Proficient with Catia or Alias.
Class A Surfacer Personal Abilities:
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong writing, documentation and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of designing around a brand philosophy.