Carbonara is led by an American entrepreneur who is newly landed in Oslo, Norway. If you can accept to be on a team with an American person, please keep reading. If not, we’ll understand.
Carbonara connects very busy restaurants with guests who want to dine there, and it is specifically for those restaurants that DO NOT accept bookings. When a restaurant has a queue, guests can get on the restaurant queue by using the carbonara mobile app. It saves the guest time, and it makes managing a busy queue of guests easier for the restaurant.
Carbonara employs tablets and phones in restaurants for the restaurant operators to manage the queue, and phone apps for guests. In the background, dynamic algorithms work to ensure that guests understand the exact time they can be seated.
Who we’re looking for
First, we’re not looking for employees, we’re looking for startup architects. We are looking for people who want to have input in the company direction, the technical architecture, the hiring process, and in building the company culture.
Also please note that the founder is fully funded, and from Day 1 you will be paid a competitive salary. Equity also is very much an option if you are interested in partial equity compensation.
If you’re interested in building a company, if you’ve ever wanted to venture out on your own, if you are not someone who wants a regular corporate job, then you might fit on the team. We are looking for people who want to be heavily involved in the success of the business, who want to figure out hard problems and who also want to have tons of fun while doing it.
We’re a hard-working, do-things-differently type of team. We’re international, we’re open, we’re flexible, we’re different. Are you?
Skills we hope you have
• Strong sense of front-end principles, techniques, and technologies
• Excellent skills in Android Java, Objective-C and Swift development
• Significant experience designing mobile apps, using various frameworks (React, Flux, Redux), and knowledge of SDKs
• Strong skills in writing, releasing, and maintaining mobile code
• Show us a Github account that showcases your talent for building and any prior projects that demonstrate your skills.
• Prior restaurant employment (for real, no joke)