You will be responsible for planning, creating, improving and maintaining content and paid promotion to achieve our business goals. Your duties will also include the distribution of content to raise brand awareness and monitoring web traffic and social metrics to identify best practices.
Our ideal candidate is a professional with international experience and with demonstrable creative writing, activation skills and digital growth with high interest in combining climate action with culture.
An excellent editorial mindset is a necessity, as well as excellent writing skills and experience with web publishing, social media publishing, paid activation, market research, and community management. Ideally, this candidate will have an existing media network, as well as freelancers and videographers.
You will work closely with our B2B partners, alongside the head of sales and the brand director, to actively plan, produce and distribute premium content for B2B-partners and tailored content for B2C to build awareness and engagement for the brand.
As an editor and content producer, you should be strategic, analytical, perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented. If you are also an expert in content production and optimization, digital growth and brand consistency, we would like to meet you.
- Develop, execute and measure a year-round content and activation program targeted at specific verticals that grow (and nurture) CHOOOSE’s B2C-community.
- Maximize the impact of content distribution with international ambitions and deliver effective communication messages across all types of media channels (including social and web) to bring our brand image to life with the right tonality and make CHOOOSE relevant and engaging for our target audiences.
- Produce content and activation material for our B2B-partners and activate B2B partnerships across events, media, digital channels, and relevant influencers.
- Digital marketing including SEO, SEM, Google Ads, and paid social activation.
- Community management on social channels.
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw the audience’s attention to build our B2C-community.
- Produce monthly editorial newsletters.
- Develop creative partnership concepts and collaborations for the clients matching their sustainable strategy with a focus on «best case».
- Work alongside the rest of the CHOOOSE team to deliver exceptional service with the purpose of combining climate action with culture.
We are looking for someone who can tick these boxes:
- Experience with premium content production for web and social with a demonstrable track record.
- A "one-speed" energy with a highly self-driven sense of motivation.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Norwegian fluently and idiomatically.
- Loves to dig into data to constantly create, customize and adjust content based on the audience's needs.
- Experience with digital growth, paid marketing, community management, photography, and knowledge of editing simple videos.
- Strong writing skills and outstanding “Editorial sense” as a content & story developer.
- Having a strong media network (knowing the key journalists and decision makers at relevant media outlets, as well as freelancers within writing, photography, and videography)
- Strong organizational and project planning/management skills coupled with the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to work and build relationships with a range of partners, stakeholders, and external contractors.
- A clear understanding of core marketing concepts.
- Team player, creative, innovative and self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude and focused on delivering results.
- Outstanding professional references.
- A university degree, preferably in journalism, copywriting, marketing or sustainability.
CHOOOSE was founded with one vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by delivering a simple, compelling and engaging way for individuals and businesses to address their unavoidable carbon emissions.
While everyone is encouraged to work towards a lower-impact lifestyle, there are unavoidable carbon emissions associated with life in today’s world. CHOOOSE is focused on addressing this unavoidable component while accelerating the shift to a carbon-free economy. Today, CHOOOSE provides a subscription service that enables anyone to automatically offset their carbon footprint. The CHOOOSE service is actively used by 150+ companies and thousands of climate-conscious individuals.
CHOOOSE is building a different type of climate-focused company, and we make it fun by combining real climate action with culture.
Members of our team come from software, marketing, communication, design, finance, and hard sciences. We think meaningful change requires a competitive, technology-driven mindset with a bias towards action. CHOOOSE has been recognized as one of the most exciting startups in Scandinavia; this includes being named a top 10 global startup by Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge in 2018 and winner of Best Nordic Startup XTC 2018 at CES – the world’s largest tech convention.
What we can offer you:
- A concrete way to directly address the greatest crisis of our generation
- Combine high-quality content with climate action
- A competitive compensation package
- Insurance and pension contribution
- A fast-growing environment with a clear path to promotion
- An international company with offices in Oslo and LA
- A positive but high-performance culture with high expectations